Compassionate PTSD Psychiatrists
Return to normalcy by starting PTSD counseling and treatment. Post-traumatic stress leaves deep scars in a person’s psyche, even when no physical scars are present. However, those who receive PTSD therapy and prescription medical treatment return more quickly to a productive life than those who do not receive treatment.
Our experienced and compassionate psychiatrists specialize in effective and patient-centered care for those suffering from psychological and emotional trauma. It’s important to schedule an evaluation if you think you have PTSD. The following are number of different symptoms of the disorder:
- Recurrent, Involuntary, & Intrusive Memories
- Traumatic Nightmares & Sleep Disturbance
- Dissociative Reactions (Flashbacks or Loss of Consciousness)
- Intense or Prolonged Distress after Traumatic Event
- Persistent & Distorted Negative Beliefs
- Persistent Blame of Self or Others
- Markedly Diminished Interest in Activities
- Feeling Alienated from Others
- Irritable or Aggressive Behavior
- Self-Destructive or Reckless Behavior
- Exaggerated Startle Response
- Problems in Concentration
Post-Traumatic Disorder Treatment for a More Stable Life
When you have experienced a traumatic event it takes a safe environment and understanding psychiatrist to help you regain your happiness and productivity. At the same time, prescription medication helps to address some of your symptoms. Medication is especially important if you have been dealing with PTSD for many years. That’s because ongoing trauma can cause brain chemistry changes. As highly skilled psychiatrists, we perform a comprehensive evaluation to determine the right medicine to ease your symptoms.
Contact us if you’re concerned that a loved may have PTSD. We proudly serve clients throughout Westfield, Scotch Plains, Cranford, Springfield, Montclair and Union, New Jersey, as well as the surrounding areas.
Contact Us Today